MB551 Class Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some interview contacts

+2
ndomonkos15
anorton120878
6 posters

Go down

Some interview contacts Empty Some interview contacts

Post  anorton120878 Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:53 pm

As it happens, I have a close family friend who was convicted and incarcerated for embezzlement. Pretty sure I can 'score' an interview if we want to compile questions. Also my sister in law teaches business ethics at Villanova, I'm sure she has some professional, maybe even famous contacts that could be leveraged. A friend of a friend was just elected to the House of reps in PA, may need to qualify the meaning of 'current' but that could be an option as well.

anorton120878

Back to top Go down

Some interview contacts Empty "General" Contacts

Post  ndomonkos15 Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:20 pm

Unfortunately, I don't believe I have any contact with any General Officers that are affiliated with JCU and the only real access I have to General Officers our at the State of Ohio Adjutant General and the Assistant Adjutant General's. This may work because they are National Guard and Air National Guard which are separate components of the military; however, I can not guarantee anything yet. I will start reaching out this week to see what I can come up with.

Also, if you have not seen the email I sent out earlier I dug up information on the author of the text and found some contact information for at some university in Oregon. I called the number last night and got his office voice mail so I know it's good. Once we can come up with a consensus on some questions I will try to secure a phone interview with him.

ndomonkos15

Back to top Go down

Some interview contacts Empty Possible Interviews

Post  tbowen14 Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:45 am

I know that I will be able to think of a few more people that we might be able to interview in the coming weeks but here is a short list of the people that I can think of that I know that might be able to help us out for interviews.

1. CSU President Ronald (Ron) M. Berkman - He has served as Chair of the Dean's Council for the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration as well as various committees of the Association of Public Policy and Management and has an impressive history of service awards and fellowships as well as foundation grants. He recently served as Co-Chair of the Miami-Dade Empowerment Zone Planning Committee, overseeing the preparation of a successful application for designation as a Federal Empowerment Zone. As a commentator on urban and public affairs, he has frequently appeared on CNN, and other major television and radio networks. Dr. Berkman has authored, co-authored or co-edited five books and numerous articles on municipal government, public policy, economic development, community development, crime and corrections policy.

2. Frank Mahnic Jr. - Former member of the Ohio House of Reprepresentatives and involved in the Benny Bonanno case but never indited
3. Congressional Aide Laurie Rokakis and/or Congressman Dennis J. Kucinich - Was a candidate for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States in the 2004 and 2008 presidential elections

4. Wayne Arny - US Department of Defense and CDR, USN; CAPT, USNR; SESwith US Navy, Principal Deputy Secretary of the Navy (Installations & Environment) in Department of US Navy, Acting Assistant Secretary of the Navy, Deputy Asst. Secretary of Defense (Senate Legislative Affairs) in the US Department of Defense,
Seapower Subcommittee, U.S. Senate Committee on Armed Services, and a pilot in the US Navy

The names underlined are ones that I am fairly confident can help us with an interview. I am going to sleep on it and try to think of some more people.

tbowen14

Back to top Go down

Some interview contacts Empty Re: Some interview contacts

Post  lpeale15 Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:59 am

ndomonkos15 wrote:Unfortunately, I don't believe I have any contact with any General Officers that are affiliated with JCU and the only real access I have to General Officers our at the State of Ohio Adjutant General and the Assistant Adjutant General's. This may work because they are National Guard and Air National Guard which are separate components of the military; however, I can not guarantee anything yet. I will start reaching out this week to see what I can come up with.

Also, if you have not seen the email I sent out earlier I dug up information on the author of the text and found some contact information for at some university in Oregon. I called the number last night and got his office voice mail so I know it's good. Once we can come up with a consensus on some questions I will try to secure a phone interview with him.

==============
Cool Neil (re: author)...

lpeale15

Back to top Go down

Post  RoRaleigh Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:57 am

I think I can get the CEO of my company. Ferro is a Fortune 1000 company and he is/was on the JCU board of directors.

I may be able to get the Sec. of the VA. He is a retired 4 star general and former Army Chief of Staff. I don't think he would work for the "military general" task since he is retired, but he would be a "current government official" with, presumably, a lot to say about ethics in the VA.

I have a co-worker that says that Mike Dibiasio from the Indians would be a good contact. He is the PR guy for the team and hosts a show on local TV (round table debate with former/current players). He might qualify as a TV personality, and I'm sure he'd have some comments about ethics in sports (Carmona, HGH, etc.), although less on media.

I don't have a problem calling major local corporation CEO offices to see about interviews, although some of them have employees in the class. Local Fortune 500 companies would include Eaton, Progressive, Sherwin-Williams, Cliffs, Key, Parker-Hanaffin, TravelCenters, Aleris in Cleveland; Timken, Goodyear, First Energy in Akron area; Smucker in Orrville.

RoRaleigh

Back to top Go down

Some interview contacts Empty Intervee contacts

Post  jkoslo Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:04 pm

Group:
I have sent messages out to my network for the following:
CEO's of Fortune 1000 / 500 companies, we have a few friends (through the family) that can help me out.
General's - I have 2 contacts
Politician - I am working to finalize arrangements, but should have this set up for us next week.

jkoslo

Back to top Go down

Post  RoRaleigh Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:09 pm

The tricky part of the generals interviews is connecting them to JCU.
Gen. Carter Ham is a general in the Army that is a JCU grad.
Gen. Robert Stall is a general in the Army Reserve that is a JCU grad.
I'm not sure which general the JCU ROTC group is under.

RoRaleigh

Back to top Go down

Post  jkoslo Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:29 pm

RoRaleigh wrote:The tricky part of the generals interviews is connecting them to JCU.
Gen. Carter Ham is a general in the Army that is a JCU grad.
Gen. Robert Stall is a general in the Army Reserve that is a JCU grad.
I'm not sure which general the JCU ROTC group is under.

That was oversight on my part... I do not have any General contacts....

jkoslo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down