MB551 Class Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Developing Subgroups

5 posters

Go down

Developing Subgroups Empty Developing Subgroups

Post  mark.pelsozy Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:15 am

So far we are considering MBTI type, geographic location, and professisonal background as criteria for setting up the subgroups. It is important to consider our SBL signature themes as well. One of the major points of our SBL breakdowns was to convey that groups perform better when they are strong across all four domains. When we get together to finally organize the subgroups, this should be considered.

mark.pelsozy
Admin

https://mb551.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Developing Subgroups Empty Re: Developing Subgroups

Post  lpeale15 Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:36 am

mark.pelsozy wrote:So far we are considering MBTI type, geographic location, and professisonal background as criteria for setting up the subgroups. It is important to consider our SBL signature themes as well. One of the major points of our SBL breakdowns was to convey that groups perform better when they are strong across all four domains. When we get together to finally organize the subgroups, this should be considered.

=========
EXCELLENT addition Mark!!
-Lichelle

lpeale15

Back to top Go down

Post  RoRaleigh Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:29 am

Are we overthinking the division of groups? Are we taking valuble time to simply form them instead of letting them do their required tasks? Is it better to play to the members' strengths or to have strong cross-functionality in the sub-group? Since part of the basis of an MBA is the ability to perform at analytical, management and interpersonal levels, shouldn't we all be somewhat capable across the board or learning to be capable within the excercise?

I know that I am an engineer by degree, but I spend more time in marketing and sales than in any analytical capacity. I'm sure there are many others in the group that can't be classified accurately by undergrad degree or job title. That's what the assessments and the whole of MB 552 was for.

I don't have a problem with any of the rosters, but I think it is extremely important that we make the decision soon. If we can designate the sub-group members, we can work within the groups to get meetings scheduled for the weekend, but it would need to be done today or early enough tomorrow to allow the sub-groups to designate a leader and find an exceptable weekend meeting time.

RoRaleigh

Back to top Go down

Developing Subgroups Empty Sub-group leaders

Post  jkoslo Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:06 pm

We need to identify our sub-group leaders & overall leader QUICKLY.

I am open to anything, but feel that I can help positively lead a group to complete many of these tasks.

jkoslo

Back to top Go down

Post  JesseGardocki Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:44 pm

Well if we are going by that criteria, i'll post mine:

MBTI: ENFP
Geographic Location: Cleveland Heights
Professional Background: Medical industry, engineering
SBL: Analytical, Includer, Learner, Responsibility, Competition

JesseGardocki

Back to top Go down

Post  lpeale15 Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:39 pm

RoRaleigh wrote:Are we overthinking the division of groups? Are we taking valuble time to simply form them instead of letting them do their required tasks? Is it better to play to the members' strengths or to have strong cross-functionality in the sub-group? Since part of the basis of an MBA is the ability to perform at analytical, management and interpersonal levels, shouldn't we all be somewhat capable across the board or learning to be capable within the excercise?

I know that I am an engineer by degree, but I spend more time in marketing and sales than in any analytical capacity. I'm sure there are many others in the group that can't be classified accurately by undergrad degree or job title. That's what the assessments and the whole of MB 552 was for.

I don't have a problem with any of the rosters, but I think it is extremely important that we make the decision soon. If we can designate the sub-group members, we can work within the groups to get meetings scheduled for the weekend, but it would need to be done today or early enough tomorrow to allow the sub-groups to designate a leader and find an exceptable weekend meeting time.

=====
Agree on all points Ron, except I think the team leads need to have a "leadership" mtg this weekend and quickly decide how to assign the tasks to subteams so we can get going. I'm not sure what the subteams would be gathering/mtg for in the interim...? And, to your point regarding being capable across the board, the currently formed subteams should work then Smile...

-LP

lpeale15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum