MB551 Class Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting on Saturday

+11
jwatrobski15
brosenberger12
tbowen14
ndomonkos15
mark.pelsozy
anorton120878
DrewSpada
Kyra.Pritchard
RoRaleigh
tbencic12
Sarah Peshek
15 posters

Go down

Meeting on Saturday Empty Meeting on Saturday

Post  Sarah Peshek Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:49 pm

I'd really like to meet, but already have a commitment for Saturday. Does Sunday work?

Also, I noticed with my brief pass at the syllabus that some of the items are repetitive - ie: #17 and #43. Perhaps this weekend's meeting or next class should focus on organizing the items, so we really know what we have to accomplish (some items are just tips to incorporate into the presentation, some are repetitive, and some are a lot of work).

Sarah Peshek

Back to top Go down

Meeting on Saturday Empty RE:

Post  tbencic12 Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:21 pm

Sarah Peshek wrote:I'd really like to meet, but already have a commitment for Saturday. Does Sunday work?

Also, I noticed with my brief pass at the syllabus that some of the items are repetitive - ie: #17 and #43. Perhaps this weekend's meeting or next class should focus on organizing the items, so we really know what we have to accomplish (some items are just tips to incorporate into the presentation, some are repetitive, and some are a lot of work).

I am in the process of compiling that into categories that relate back to our main objectives set out by Scott. Which I understood as:
1) Use this project as a practice field to develop our leadership capacities
2) Demostrate a sound understanding of ethical decision making
3) Support our understanding using real world case-examples from community business leaders
4) Ultimate objective: "Provide recommendations to those who actually influence culture at JCU and allow their mission of integrity to live on campus each day"

I will send out my breakdown shortly via email for all to view. This can be used as a basis to establish groups and who covers what material.

In my opinion, it looks as if our project/ problem revolves around our final presentation to JCU faculty and staff to make recommendations based on our cohorts understanding of ethics concepts and real world examples. Thoughts?

tbencic12

Back to top Go down

Meeting on Saturday Empty Re: Meeting on Saturday

Post  RoRaleigh Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:22 pm

Tim

I took a stab at this and sent it out by email this morning, I also indicated the tasks that seem to overlap.

Ron

RoRaleigh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Peshek Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:57 pm

I noticed that you analyzed the items after the post. Thank you.

Sarah Peshek

Back to top Go down

Meeting on Saturday Empty Class time

Post  Kyra.Pritchard Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:34 pm

After reading the syllabus in depth today, it also appears that there will be no lecture time, as he said that he will be fairly laissez-faire in his approach to the class and letting us work it out. This means that we should be able to work on this each Tuesday during scheduled class time.

Kyra.Pritchard

Back to top Go down

Meeting on Saturday Empty Weekend Meeting

Post  DrewSpada Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:52 pm

All,

I am supposed to be out of town this weekend, but I could video chat or call in. We should at least attempt to set the agenda for Tuesday and get the group information compiled.

Drew

DrewSpada

Back to top Go down

Meeting on Saturday Empty Sunday fun day

Post  anorton120878 Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:57 pm

I can be available Sunday morning if a good group is up for it.

anorton120878

Back to top Go down

Meeting on Saturday Empty This Weekend

Post  tbencic12 Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:10 pm

I should be able to make myself available either day this weekend.

tbencic12

Back to top Go down

Post  mark.pelsozy Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:20 pm

My availability is pretty sketchy this weekend, unfortunately. I am pretty much toast on Saturday, but I can meet on Sunday mid/late afternoon or Sunday evening...

By the way, do we have a meeting location in mind? A classroom would be ideal, but we would have to check in with CSS to get a room unlocked for us prior to our arrival. The library may not be a great place if more than 6-7 of us show up...

mark.pelsozy
Admin

https://mb551.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Meeting on Saturday Empty Availability

Post  ndomonkos15 Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:27 pm

I can make myself available pretty much anytime other than Saturday or Sunday evening. As for a location, is that room in Dolan where he taped everyone together and threw tennis balls around usually open?

ndomonkos15

Back to top Go down

Post  mark.pelsozy Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:42 pm

ndomonkos15 wrote:I can make myself available pretty much anytime other than Saturday or Sunday evening. As for a location, is that room in Dolan where he taped everyone together and threw tennis balls around usually open?

Yeah it is, but sometimes they use that lobby area for dinners/meetings/etc. Tabitha and Shilpha would probably be able to tell us how to make sure we have a space carved out for ourselves.

mark.pelsozy
Admin

https://mb551.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Meeting on Saturday Empty Meeting This Weekend

Post  tbowen14 Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:56 pm

I can meet any time Saturday or any time Sunday before 5:30 pm (unless I can get out of my commitment). I can make sure to have any room reserved for us, I just need to know which room and what time. Let me know and I can see about having it reserved for us.

Tabitha

Feel free to call/text me on my cell phone (216) 469 5279

tbowen14

Back to top Go down

Meeting on Saturday Empty Meeting this weekend

Post  brosenberger12 Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:20 am

I agree that getting together this weekend and at least getting the groups set and maybe tasks divided would be a good idea. I'm available either day. I'm supposed to be off on Friday afternoon, so if we need to compile anything before meeting, let me know

brosenberger12

Back to top Go down

Post  RoRaleigh Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:14 am

I'm available on Sat., but only early on Sun.

Ron

RoRaleigh

Back to top Go down

Post  jwatrobski15 Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:39 am

I am available Saturday and Sunday afternoon and evening.

jwatrobski15

Back to top Go down

Post  lpeale15 Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:22 am

tbowen14 wrote:I can meet any time Saturday or any time Sunday before 5:30 pm (unless I can get out of my commitment). I can make sure to have any room reserved for us, I just need to know which room and what time. Let me know and I can see about having it reserved for us.

Tabitha

Feel free to call/text me on my cell phone (216) 469 5279

========
I can meet on Saturday. Just let me know time & room & I'll be there... cell 440-715-0437
-Lichelle

lpeale15

Back to top Go down

Post  RoRaleigh Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:59 am

Given the amount of people in the class, might be easier to arrange when sub-groups are agreed upon and tasks assigned to them. It is much easier to get 3-5 people to agree on a meeting time than 25.

RoRaleigh

Back to top Go down

Post  lpeale15 Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:33 am

RoRaleigh wrote:Given the amount of people in the class, might be easier to arrange when sub-groups are agreed upon and tasks assigned to them. It is much easier to get 3-5 people to agree on a meeting time than 25.

===============
You're probably right Ron, LOL

lpeale15

Back to top Go down

Post  JesseGardocki Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:19 pm

Sorry I will be out of state this weekend.

JesseGardocki

Back to top Go down

Post  jkoslo Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:25 pm

Is the intent for the whole class to meet at once this weekend or the smaller sub-groups?

From the past few posts, it seems like sub-groups are expected to meet. Can we make a final decision on sub-groups and associated tasks, along with sub-group leaders?

jkoslo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Peshek Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:47 pm

jkoslo wrote:Is the intent for the whole class to meet at once this weekend or the smaller sub-groups?

From the past few posts, it seems like sub-groups are expected to meet. Can we make a final decision on sub-groups and associated tasks, along with sub-group leaders?

I think we should meet as sub-groups this weekend simply because it seems we will not be able to determine a time that works for the entire class. If we determine roles in our sub-groups and complete the other D's about our tasks, then we can bring that to class on Tuesday.

Sarah Peshek

Back to top Go down

Post  colintrimble Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:35 pm

I'm available on Sunday if necessary, but I'd prefer to use class time on Tuesday if possible.

colintrimble

Back to top Go down

Post  lpeale15 Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:54 pm

I'm certainly available to meet however I'd like to do so after the new team leads have gotten together to discuss and decide how to divide and assign the task list items to the subteams; this way we know what we are meeting about. (We've already forwarded what list items we're especially interested in to our team lead via email...)

-LP

lpeale15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum